Eggless Parotta

I have been waiting for long to post a full video recipe. When I all the equipment and software ready, I prepared and shot the video for parotta three days back. I struggled a lot because it is my first video. But after editing I was very happy. Though it may not be great, I am satisfied with my first video recipe. Please go through the video and send me feed back so that I can improve my videos. Coming back to parotta, it is a layered flat bread made of maida / all purpose flour. This is very famous in Tamil nadu. There are so many road side shops which seels parotta. To watch them make parotta is a very nice experience. The way they throw the dough to get a large thin disc is very nice. It is called as veechu parotta and I even tried it at home. But the dough itself went up in the air. So I discarded that method and went with what my mom does usually. She uses a rolling pin to roll the dough into a very thin disc and then she pleats the disc to form layers. My husband loves parottas and whenever we go to a hotel near our house, he orders parotta for dinner. We enjoyed a hearty dinner with parotta and potato kurma.



Ingredients:
Maida-2 1/2cups
Salt-1 1/4tsp
Oil-1/2cup

Procedure:
1. Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Add enough water to prepare a soft dough.
3. Add 1/4cup of oil and knead until the oil is incorporated in the dough.
4. Cover and keep it aside for 1 hour.
5. Knead the dough for 1minute.
6. Divide the dough into seven equal parts (see video for the method)
7. While working with a dough ball, keep the others covered.
8. Grease the counter. Place the ball on the counter and press it to flatten.
9. Roll it out into a thin and transparent disc.
10. From one corner, lift the disc so that it drapes and pleats by itself.
11. Roll the pleated disc into a round shape.
12. Flatten it into a disc of medium thickness.
13. Heat a tawa and place the disc on it.
14. Flip when the bottom is brown.
15. Drizzle 1/2tbs oil on the parotta.
16. Keep on flipping it and cooking it on medium flame until the crust is flaky and crispy.
17. Place the cooked parotta on counter and press with your palms to separate the layers.
18. Serve hot with kurma or gravy of your choice.



Linking this to WTML guest hosted by Kalyani and started by me.

Labels: , , ,