Announcing Kid's Delight - Chocolate with Chocolate Charms

It has been a long time since I guest hosted an event in my blog. As you all know, Kid's Delight is a very popular event going on through the blogosphere. It was started by Srivalli and has been guest hosted by other bloggers every month. I asked Valli whether I could do it for March and she readily agreed. I had to select a theme for the event and without much thinking I chose CHOCOLATE. Chocolate is a magical word which can bring smile to kids or adults. My daughter is a die hard fan of chocolates and any snack which has chocolate in it will be devoured by her. But it is quite opposite with hubby. He hates chocolates but we really don't mind him. I thought by choosing chocolate, I can do some chocolate based desserts this whole month to make my daughter happy. 



Today my daughter has finished her second standard and entering the next academic year in 15 days. And today was quite special to her. She got an award for Smart Turn Out for this academic year and I promised her that I will make a chocolate based snack today. So after we returned from the award function, I started going through recipes and saw this simple recipe at Martha Stewart. Sruti wanted to help me with baking and I ended up helping her. I can say that 75% of the cookies' work was done by Sruti. I just helped her. Is this the true Kid's Delight? She enjoyed making these cookies as well tasting them. It has turned out very delicious. I added some chocolate chips to the original recipe and here we are with a perfect Kid's Delight.



Recipe Source: Martha Stewart
Makes 20 Cookies
Ingredients:
Butter-1/2 cup
Caster Sugar-1/3 cup
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Flour/ Maida-1 cup
Cocoa Powder-1/8 cup
Salt-a pinch
Chocolate Chips-1/3 cup

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. In a bowl sift together flour, salt and cocoa powder.
3. In another bowl beat butter until pale and light.
4. Add in the sugar and beat until fluffy.
5. Add the essence and beat.
6. Now add the flour and beat until the ingredients are incorporated. The dough may look crumbly but it is fine.
7. Knead the dough until it comes together into a soft dough.
8. Divide it into 20 equal portions.
9. Roll each portion into a ball.
10. Grease a baking tray.
11. Place the balls 1 1/2" apart.
12. Bake them for 20-25 minutes.
13. Let them cool on the tray.
14. While serving dust with cocoa and serve.
15. Store the undusted cookies in an airtight jar. 




Hope you liked the very first post of this event. I invite all my readers to send in their kid's favourite chocolate recipes to me for the event. If you are a food blogger, blog about the recipe and link it up to this post. If you are a non blogger, make your dish, take a snap and send it to me along with the recipe to gayathriraani@gmail.com. I will include it in the round up.

Some important points to be noted before linking up your post:
1. Only Vegetarian entries accepted.
2. Eggs allowed (this is the very first time, my blog will be adding egg based recipes)
3. Any recipe which has chocolates, cocoa powder or chocolates are allowed.
4. Chocolate has to be the star ingredient of the dish. Just drizzling with chocolate syrup will not be eligible for entry.
5. The post must have links to this announcement page and Srivalli's announcement page.
6. Only two archieved entries accepted. And they should be updated with the links.
7. Usage of logo is mandatory.
8. The last date for the entry is April 15th. 
9. I will be doing the round up within three days i.e., April 18th.
10. Any post which doesnot fulfill the above mentioned points will be omitted during the round up.

Hope I am clear with all my points. If you have any doubts, feel free to write to me - gayathriraani@gmail.com


Print Friendly and PDF

Labels: ,