Paneer Sandwich

For the third week of Blogging Marathon#34, I chose the theme evening snacks. When my daughter returns from school, the very first question she asks after entering home is "Mom, What is for snacks today?" So I make sure that she gets her favourite snack every day. Some times, when I feel lazy, I buy a biscuit packet or murukku packet. As many of you have noticed, I don't have a sandwich recipe in my blog because I didn't have a sandwich maker. But recently I got a sandwich maker as a free gift when I got another kitchen appliance and I was very happy to make this sandwich for my daughter.  My mom used to make delicious sandwiches and my brother's friends in Pondicherry were great fans of her sandwiches. She used to apply a generous amount of vanaspathi on all the sides of the bread slice and she used to make a delicious potato stuffing for the sandwich. She had a sandwich maker which has to be used on a stove and I still remember it after all these years. She used to buy 3-4 packs of large Modern bread for my brother's friends and finally we would end up with no sandwich for myself and mom. They used to devour the sandwiches and I am sure they will remember it even now. Now as I am little concerned about my health, I used butter for my daughter and I made it oil and butter free for myself and hubby. It can never beat the taste of mom's sandwich but it is guilt free. I also used wheat bread instead of white bread. But do try it with white bread and vanaspathi for a delicious treat. My daughter loved these sandwiches and I think one day she will say that nothing could beat her mom's sandwiches....



Ingredients:
Brown Bread Slices-8
Butter-2-3 tbs

For The Filling:
Potato-1 (boiled, peeled and mashed)
Crumbled Paneer-1/2 cup
Red Chilly Powder-1 tsp
Onion-2
Salt-to taste
Oil-2 tbs
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves-2 tbs

Procedure:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add onions. Saute until golden.
2. Add paneer and saute until golden.
3. Now add potato, red chilly powder, salt, turmeric and coriander leaves.
4. Mix well, remove from heat and allow it to cool.
5. Apply butter on all sides of the bread slices and arrange them on a plate with butter side on top.
6. Switch on the sandwich maker.
7. Place two slices butter side down on the two slots for the slices.
8. Place filling on both the slices.
9. Place two more slices on top of the filling with butter side on top.
10. Close the sandwich maker and let it cook for 2 minutes.
11. Cook until the bread slice is golden brown.
12. Remove from the sandwich maker, slice into two and serve with tomato ketchup..








Want a slice???

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#34 

Print Friendly and PDF

Labels: , , , , ,