Recipe Source: AZ Cookbook
Makes 8 small Simits
Flour/ Maida-2 cups
Instant Yeast-1 3/4 tsp
Sugar- a pinch
Warm Water-3/4 cup
Milk-1/4 cup ( Use Molasses if available)
White Sesame Seeds-1 cup
1. In a bowl mix flour, sugar, salt and instant yeast.
2. Add warm water and prepare a soft dough.
3. Transfer the dough to the counter and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
4. Place in a bowl, apply oil on top of dough, cover with a cling wrap and allow it to rise for 2 hours.
5. Now knead the dough again and divide it into 8 equal portions.
6. Roll each portion into a 12" long rope.
7. Twist the rope and bring both ends together.
8. Pinch to seal.
9. Prepare the remaining dough portions into rings.
10. Cover with a wet cloth and let t sit on counter for 1 hour.
11. Now take milk in a deep plate and sesame seeds in a plate.
12. Grease a baking tray.
13. Dip the prepared ring in milk and then transfer to the sesame seeds.
14. Coat the surface with sesame seeds.
15. Place the prepared ring on the tray.
16. Finish off the remaining rings.
17. Cover with cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes.\
18. Preheat oven to 200C.
19. Bake the rings for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden.
20. Remove from oven and serve warm with jam and butter.
Knead a soft dough.
Knead for 10 minutes to get an elastic dough.
Allow it to double fro 2 hours.
Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
Roll each portion into a rope and twist it.
Bring the edges together and pinch to seal.
My niece counting the rings.
Allow it to sit for 1 hour.
Dip the ring in milk.
Place it on the sesame seeds.
Coat it with sesame seeds.
Arrange on a greased baking tray.
Bake until golden.
Serve when warm.
Logo courtesy : Preeti
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 32