Pista Pedas



This post was supposed to be for Rakshabandhan. I almost sat before my PC when I got the phone that mom was hospitalized. So I shut down my PC and started to my mom's place. I even forgot to take the rakhi for my brother. And the following days were so bad that I completely forgot about this post in my drafts. I thought of preparing another dish for the letter P and then I saw the drafts and there it is. So I skipped making the other dish and used this post for the alphabet P for the month long Blogging Marathon #32, A-Z themed. This pista peda was rich and tasted so nice with so much pista and mawa. I made mawa for the Mawa cake I posted early and I had a cup of it left in my fridge. So when thinking of using it up I came up with this idea. I am so happy to have tried it out as hubby dear loved it so much. 




Ingredients:
Mawa-1 cup
Pistachios-1 cup
Milk-1/4 cup
Sugar-1 cup
Cardamom Powder-1 tsp
Saffron-a few strands

Procedure:
1. Soak pistachios for 1 hour in water.
2. Peel the skin. It is very easy to peel once soaked. Reserve some for topping.
3. Grind it to a smooth paste adding milk.
4. In a pan add mawa, sugar, pistachio paste, cardamom powder and mix well.
5. Soak the saffron strands in warm milk and add it to the mawa mixture.
6. Keep on stirring ubntil the mixture leaves the sides and forms a soft dough.
7. Transfer to a plate and allow it to cool completely.
8. Pinch small portions, shape each portion into a ball and press in the centre to make an indentation.
9. Fill it with chopped pistachios.
10. Allow it to set before serving. After sometime the pedas will become firm.



Add all the ingredients in a pan.




Keep on stirring until the mixture leaves sides.






Shape into pedas and top with chopped pistachios.




Serve with love and Enjoy!!!





Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 32

Labels: , , , ,