Vegan Coconut Jelly / Burmese Kyauk Kyaw

Pronounced as Chow Chaw, this is a Burmese dessert with agar agar/ china grass and coconut milk. I know Chumkie from the Quilters group- Desi Quilters. She is a wonderful quilter and when browsing through her collection of quilts, I was awestruck. And last week I came across her kitchen blog with  a wonderful collection of recipes. She has a lot of Burmese recipes and the first recipe which I wanted to try is this jelly. It looked so nice and as my daughter is a fan of jelly, I made it at once. It turned out super delicious and more than Sruti PK loved it a lot. Even I couldn't keep my hand off this lovely dessert. It is very easy to prepare and tastes great when served chilled. Thank you Chumkie for the delicious recipe. I made this for the first day of Blogging Marathon Week 3 for the theme After School Bites for Kids. As this is very easy to make you can surprise your kids when they return home from a long day at school. They would surely enjoy this. I am linking this to Kid's Delight  - After School Bites hosted by Nisha and started by Srivalli






Recipe Source: Chumkie
Ingredients:
Coconut Milk-2 cups
Water-1 1/2 cup
Sugar-1/2 cup
Agar Agar/ China Grass-16 gm

Procedure:
1. Bring water, sugar and agar agar to boil.
2. Let it boil on low flame until agar agar dissolves completely.
3. Add coconut milk and switch off flame.
4. Pour it into a 8" square tin and leave it at room temperature to set.
5. It will set once it cools down.
6. Refrigerate it for at least 1 hour.
7. Cut into squares.
8. Remove from tin and serve chilled.




Slice the set jelly and remove with a spatula.




Serve and Enjoy!!

Labels: , , , , ,