Recipe Source: Cuisine Delights
Lemon-2 / Citric Acid-1 tsp
Cardamom Powder-1/2 tsp
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Cardamom-2-3 pods crushed
Saffron strands-a few
Oil-to deep fry
Pistas-4-5 for garnish
1. Boil milk and add the lemon juice or citric acid.
2. When the milk starts curdling, switch off stove and let the whey water become clear.
3. Line a sieve with a muslin or cotton cloth.
4. Pour the curdled milk into it.
5. Place the sieve on a bowl and set it aside until all the water has been filtered out. It may take 30 minutes.
6. Remove the paneer from the cloth and transfer it to a plate.
7. Add milk, maida, baking powder and cardamom powder.
8. With the help of a spoon or the palm of your hand knead it to form a smooth dough.
9. In a pan add sugar, water, saffron and cardamom pods.
10. Bring it to boil. Let it boil on low flame until the syrup becomes sticky.
11. Remove from flame and set it aside.
12. In another pan heat oil for deep frying.
13. Pinch small balls out of the dough and roll the ball into a long thick rope.
14. Shape the rope into a pretzel or just a swirl.15. Deep fry the jalebis until nicely brown.
15. Remove from oil and add it to the warm syrup.
16. Make all the jalebis as per the instructions and let it soak in the syrup for 3-4 hours.
17. Garnish with sliced pistas and serve.
Add all the other ingredients.
Make a smooth dough.
Roll a small ball of the dough into a rope.
Shape as shown.
Deep fry the jalebis.
Prepare the syrup.
Add the fried jalebis to warm syrup.
Serve garnished with pistas.