Malai Laddu

Any regular reader of my blog will know that I participate in Blogging Marathon every month. It first started as non stop blogging and then to make it stress free, Srivalli made it into a 3 day per week Marathon. After a long gap the non stop blogging is on this month. I will be posting recipes non stop for this whole month of April. Even thinking of this makes me shudder but as this is a very close group, I couldn't opt out of this wonderful event. For the first week of Blogging Marathon #27, the theme is Occasion/ Party. For the first week which runs until 8th of April, I will be posting some party dishes. For me whenever I have guests, I always have a sweet at hand so that I can serve it at the start of the meal. So even for this party dishes I am posting, my first dish is a delicious sweet made out of paneer and condensed milk. With 1 1/2 litres of milk I could make 24 laddus. So plan according to your guest list. A nice plate filled with these cute laddus will kick start your party. 


Recipe Source: Nestle
Ingredients:
Milk- 1 1/2 lt
Lemon-2
Condensed Milk-1/2 cup
Ghee-2 tbs
Milk-1/4 cup
Cardamom Powder-1/4 tsp
Yellow Food Colour-a few drops
Pistachios-4-5
Saffron-a few strands

Procedure:
1. Heat milk. When it becomes frothy, add juice of two lemons and switch off stove.
2. Gently stir the milk and wait until the paneer gets separated from the whey.
3. Pour this into a muslin lined sieve.
4. Place a heavy object on the sieve and set it aside for 30 minutes.
5. Take this paneer in a food processor and run it until the paneer is cut into tiny pieces.
6. Now add the milk and condensed milk and run the processor until you end up with a smooth paste.
7. Heat ghee in a pan and add the paneer paste to the pan.
8. Add cardamom powder and food colour.
9. Cook the mixture on medium flame until it leaves the sides. Do not overcook it.
10. Allow it to cool completely.
11. Take small amount of the mixture and shape it into a laddu.
12. Garnish with sliced pista and a strand of saffron.
13. Allow the laddu to harden.
14. Store in airtight jar.



Prepare Paneer.



Add condensed milk and milk and grind to a smooth paste.



Heat ghee and add the paste.



Add cardamom powder and food colour.



Cook until the mixture leaves the sides.



Serve!!

Labels: , , , ,