After preparing the eggless No bake Mango cheesecake I was left with the creamy mango filling. I also has some mini rasgollas at hand and I tried making a dessert out of this. I was thinking hard on naming this dish but couldn't come up with a better title. If any one of you get a name please suggest me. OK? Whatever the name be, the dessert was wonderful and hubby and me devoured it. At first I was left with no clue to use up the mango mixture. But once I tasted a portion, I finished off the filling by arranging this dessert in two more glasses. Sruti was not very eager to try. I think I need to give her some time to try these type of dishes. Actually I just topped the filling with rasgollas but when we tasted I felt that I could have filled the glass with rasgollas before adding the filling. I arranged the next glass like that and thoroughly enjoyed it.
For The Mango Cream:
Caster Sugar-1/2 cup
Curd/ Yogurt-1 1/2 cups
China Grass-7 gm
Vanilla Essence-1/2 tsp
For The Filling:
1. On the previous day, prepare the curd cheese. Line a sieve with a muslin cloth and pour the curd into it.
2. Place it over a bowl and place this in refrigerator over night.
3. The next day, remove the cheese from the cheese cloth and use it in the filling.
4. In a food processor add the curd cheese and cream cheese and process until creamy.
5. Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
6. Peel and slice mangoes. Grind it to a fine puree.
7. Soak the china grass/ agar agar in water for 15 minutes.
8. Heat china grass until it melts. Do not allow this mixture to boil. Keep flame low and keep on stirring until it melts.
9. At the same time heat the mango puree. Do not allow this to boil.
10. When china grass is completely melted, remove from flame.
11. Remove the mango puree also from flame.
12. Pour the hot china grass into the hot mango puree and mix well.
13. Now pour this mixture into the cream cheese mixture and mix well until incorporated.
14. Now add sugar and vanilla and mix well.15. Remove the pan from fridge. Pour this filling on the crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
16. Make rasgollas and allow it to cool while the cream is setting in the fridge.
17. At the time of serving, layer the cream and rasgollas alternately in tall glasses and serve immediately.