Mini Dosa Paneer Sandwich Chaat

 Today is the first day of Blogging Marathon#2 Week 2 and I will be posting under Sandwich with out Bread theme. For the first day I came up with the idea of this chaat. At first I was in doubt whether the idea will work or not. I prepared the paneer scramble and placed it inside a mini dosa and tasted it. It tasted kind of bland. So to add punch I applied the dosas with sweet sour chutney and placed sliced onions in one layer. The taste was so nice but I was afraid of my PK's comment. So I served him and went to the kitchen with out asking for feedback. After I returned from kitchen I saw him giving a thumbs up sign. So the critic is satisfied and what else do I need?? This chaat can be made within 15 minutes if you have the chutney in hand. I always stock my freezer with sweet chutney and so it was easy breezy to make this chaat.



Ingredients:
Dosa Batter
Sweet Chutney
Onion Slices

For Paneer Scramble:
Crumbled Paneer-1 cup
Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder-a pinch
Chaat Masala-1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder-1/4 tsp
Salt-to taste
Oil-2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1/4 tsp

Procedure:
For Paneer Scramble:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
2. Add cumin seeds. When they crackle add the crumbled paneer.
3. Saute for 2 minutes. At this stage do not stop stirring as they will clump up.
4. Add turmeric powder, salt, chaat masala, red chilly powder and garam masala.
5. Keep on stirring until paneer granules turn crispy.
6. Remove from flame.

For The Dosas:
1. Heat a tawa.
2. Pour a table spoon of batter on the tawa. You can make upto 5 dosas at a time.
3. Drizzle oil on the sides of dosas.
4. When the bottom is cooked, flip and cook the other side also.
5. Simmer to make crispy dosas.

Assembling The Sandwich Chaat:
1. Place the dosas on a plate.
2. Apply a coat of sweet chutney on all the dosas.
3. Place onion rings on the dosa which comes at the bottom.
4. Place another chutney spread dosa on top of onion.
5. Place some paneer scramble on top and serve immediately.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#26

Labels: , , , ,