Green Chickpea Salad

March month's Blogging Marathon has started. For the first week I have selected soups and salads as the theme. Having a cup of salad before breakfast makes me feel full so that I eat less. The cup of sald would provide the nutrients required for the start of the day. When I was practicing yoga regularly my day starts with beetroot and carrot salad which helped me a lot in weight reduction. But now I am becoming very lazy and been skipping the salad. Last week, I made this salad after so many days and hubby along with me enjoyed it. The dressing was curd based. I also added some museli for topping which added the extra crunch to the salad.




Ingredients:
Green Chickpeas Soaked overnight-1/2 cup
Cucumber-1
Tomato-1
Capsicum-1
Carrot-1
Coriander Leaves-3-4 tbs
Museli-For Topping

For The Dressing:
Curd/ Yogurt-1/2 cup
Dry Mint-1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder-1/2 tsp
Salt-to taste
Honey-2-3 tbs

Procedure:
1. Cut capsicum, remove seeds and cut into small cubes.
2. Cut tomatoe, remove seeds and cut into small cubes.
3. Peel and cut cucumber. Remove seeds and cut into small cubes.
4. Peel skin of carrot. either cut into small cubes or with a peeler shave it into thin slices.
5. Chop coriander leaves.
6. Pressure cook soaked green chickpeas for 3-4 minutes. Drain water and add it to the chopped vegetables.
7. Beat curd in a bowl. Add all the other ingredients.
8. Mix well.
9. Add this dressing to the vegetables and mix.
10. Place in bowls, top with museli and serve immediately.

Other Salad recipes at Gayathri's Cook Spot
Chick peas Potato Salad
Mango Apple Salad
Nutty Carrot Salad
Chick pea and Mango Salad
Paneer Cucumber Salad
Moong Sprouts Salad
Apple Cucumber Salad
Fruit Salad
Potato Salad

 Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#26

Labels: , , , ,