Eggless Chocolate Cake- With Fortune Rice Bran Oil

Last week I reviewed Fortune Rice Bran oil and made crackers as part of the post. As it turned out nice with out the hint of rice bran oil's flavour, I wanted to try out more bakes with it. Last time when I made chocolate cake, my daughter was very disappointed that I didn't save her any leftover pieces. So I promised her to make another chocolate cake. Today I tried this cake with rice bran oil and it turned out absolutely delicious. The crumb was so soft and fluffy. The cake was also very moist and my daughter couldn't wait until I took the photos. This time I used egg replacer which I ordered online as the cake substitute. I am very happy that it works well in the recipe. Need to try out more recipes with the replacer too. The cake is very simple to make and as for decoration, just sprinkle some cocoa on top to get a gorgeous cake. It tasted very chocolatey and my daughter was so happy that mom kept her promise.  I used egg replacer in place of 2 eggs. If you are using an egg replacer see how many tsp for one egg and add accordingly.


Ingredients:
Fortune Rice Bran Oil-2/3 cup
Light Brown Sugar-1 cup
Egg Replacer-2 1/2 tsp 
Milk-1 cup+4 tsp
All Purpose Flour-1 1/2 cups
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Cocoa Powder-1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence-1/2 tsp





Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease a 7 1/2" square tin and dust with flour.
3. Add egg replace and 4 tsp milk and mix well.
4. Add brown sugar and beat until completely mixed.
5. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into the sugar mixture.
6. Add Fortune Rice Bran Oil and milk and beat until incorporated. 
7. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
8. If the top starts burning, cover it with foil and bake.
9. When a tooth pick inserted comes out clean, remove cake from oven and place it on counter for 5 minutes.
10. Flip it on a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
11. Dust cocoa powder on top, slice into 16 pieces and serve.



See the deep colour of the cake. 





Very soft, fluffy and moist crumb. Absolutely delicious..

This post is a part of Healthy & Tasty Recipe Contest with Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil & BlogAdda.com

Labels: , , , ,