Makes 12 Rolls
Oil-For Deep Frying
For The Filling:
Sweet Potato-2 nos
Bread Slices-4 nos
Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1/2 tsp
Pudina Powder-1 tsp
Cumin Powder-1/2 tsp
1. Pressure cook the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from water and allow it to cool.
3. Peel the skin and mash the potatoes.
4. Place it inside a metal sieve and press it to through the sieve with the help of a spoon. By doing this you get smooth mashed sweet potatoes and can get rid of the fibres.
5. Break the bread slices into small pieces and add it to the sweet potato and mix well.
6. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
7. When they crackle add finely chopped onions and sauté until golden.
8. Add the red chilly powder, pudina powder, salt and cumin powder and mix well.
9. Add the mashed sweet potato mixture and cook on medium flame until everything mixes well.
10. Remove from flame and allow the mixture to cool.
11. Divide into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
12. In a plate take some water.
13. Place a bread slice and remove it immediately.
Prepare the filling.
Dip the bread in water and remove immediately.
Press it to extract water from it.
Place the filling in the centre.
Shape the bread into a ball carefully sealing the slice.
Deep fry until golden.
Serve with tomato sauce.
Do you want a roll???