Filled Chocolate and Nutties

Happy Valentine's Day


Advance Valentine"s day wishes to all my readers. Valentine's day is not complete with out a box of chocolate and it will be very special if we make it at home. I had some chocolate moulds which I bought long back but never had a chance to use it. So I decided to make chocolate with jam filling and some nutties to celebrate this day. Tomorrow is also my twin brothers' birth day. So to celebrate both the days, I made a batch. I had a tough time taking a snap of these cuties because my daughter wouldn't let the box go. 


The chocolates which are filled were slightly tough to make as it needed three steps to get the perfect shape. I struggled with the first batch but got the hang of it in the next batch. Nutties were very easy to make and tasted wonderful. I have watched many chefs making these filled chocolates but never got the confidence to prepare it at home. Today some how I gathered some courage and tried it and it was an wonderful experience. It was so hard not to lick the chocolate while preparing. I need to learn tempering of chocolates so that the chocolates end with a shiny finish. For that I need to buy a thermometre. So I need to ask hubby to buy me one so that I can make shiny nutties.


Aren't they cute. I just loved them I am also very proud that I made these cuties. The procedure is very simple. You need dark chocolate, jam and some mixed nuts for these. If you know how to temper chcolate, then begin with tempering. As I am uet to learn, I just melted it in a double boiler.



Boil water in a pan. Place the bitter sweet chocolate in another bowl which is larger than the pan with water. Place the bowl with chocolate on the water pan. When water boils, reduce flame and let the chocolate melt. When it is 75% done, remove chocolate from the boiler and place it on counter. Beat with a spoon until smooth and glossy with out any lumps.



Pour the melted chocolate into chocolate moulds.



Tap the mould to release any air bubbles trapped inside.



After 2 minutes, pour the chocolate in the mould into the bowl with melted chocolate.



Using a large spatulascrape off the chocolate on the mould. Now you will have the moulds coated with chocolate. Refrigerate it until firm.



Take jam in a cone and pipe it into well set chocolate.



Finish off all the moulds.



Now pour melted chocolate on the jam and fill the moulds. Scrape off the excess with a spatula and refrigerate until set.



Scrape off any remaining chocolate with a knife so that only the chocolate in the moulds are left.



Invert and tap the mould to remove chocolate from moulds. Jam filled chocolates are ready.



Chop mixed nuts.



Mix it with melted chocolate. Pour into moulds and refrigerate until set.



Invert the mould and tap to release the chocolates.



Pack it in a box.



Enjoy the occassion...

Labels: , , , ,