Onion Puree-1 cup ( I used 2 medium sized onions and a little water to grind)
Curd/ Yogurt-1/4 cup
Canola Oil-1/3 cup
All Purpose Flour-2 1/2 cups
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Poppy Seeds-2 tbs
Granulated Sugar-1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder-1/4 tsp
1. In a bowl mix oil, onion puree, curd and salt.
2. Mix flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, sugar and pepper powder.
3. Add it to the oil mixture and make a soft dough.
4. Wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 175C.
6. Roll the dough into thin disc. Cut it with a round cutter.
7. Place the rounds on a lined baking tray and prick with fork.
8. Bake the crackers for 5-7 minutes or until golden.
9. Cool on wire rack and store in air tight jar.
P.S: The disc must be as thinner as possible to get nice crispy crackers. Do not forget to prick with fork. Otherwise the crackers will puff up.
Knead until soft.
Roll out into a thin disc.
Cut out small rounds.
Place on a tray and prick with fork.
Bake until golden and cool on wire rack.