Mushroom Butter Masala

Like paneer butter masala, mushroom butter masala is also a rich gravy and goes well with all flat breads. I made it for dinner yesterday accompanied by rotis. It was so delicious and PK enjoyed it. It tasted like the Mushroom Butter Masala we used to have at The Temple City ( It is a famous restaurant here at Madurai). Look at the lovely colour. I used kashmiri red chilly powder to obtain that colour. Grinding kasoori methi along with tomatoes gave a nice flavour to the dish. 


Ingredients:
Mushroom-200gm
Onion-2
Tomato-2
Cashew-15-20 nos
Milk-4-5 tbs
Saffron-a few strands
Ghee-3 tbs
Cloves-3
Cinnamon-a small piece
Black Cardamom-1
Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder-2 tsp
Garam Masala-1/2 tsp
Salt-to taste
Kasoori Methi Leaves-2 tbs
Coriander Leaves-3 tbs
Butter-1 tbs for garnish

Procedure:
1. Soak cashew along with saffron and milk for 10 minutes.
2. Grind to a thick paste adding more milk if necessary.
3. In a pan heat 1 tbs of ghee.
4. Add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
5. Add onions and saute until golden.
6. Add tomatoes and kasoori methi.
7. When tomatoes are cooked add chilly powder and garam masal and mix well.
8. Transfer the mixture to a mixer jar.
9. Grind it to a smooth paste.
10. Heat the remaining ghee and add washed and sliced mushrooms along with salt.
11. Saute on medium flame until it is completely cooked and dry.
12. Add the ground paste and enough water to make the gravy of desired consistency. Keep the gravy little thin because when you add the cashew paste, it will thicken.
13. When the gravy comes to boil, add the cashew paste and let it boil for a few more minutes.
14. Add the coriander leaves, mix and remove from flame.
15. Transfer the gravy to a serving dish, place a table spoon of butter on top and serve hot.



My hubby has got a complaint about me. He says that I prepare dishes for blog and not for him. I was shocked to hear it from him. I thought I was giving him variety but was so disappointed on hearing him say that. He asked me whether I have repeated a dish which he really liked. OK, the answer is no. So as for the New Year resolution, I have promised him that I will prepare his favourite dishes often. I think this is true in case of many food bloggers. What you say??

Labels: , ,