Moong Dhal Dahi Pakodi


Today is the first day of Blogging Marathon #21 Week 2 and I will be posting under the theme cooking with moong dhal. Today is also the BlogHop Wednesday by Radhika and I am paired with Santhosh Bangar of Santosh’sKitchen. So to make life simpler, I merged both the events. I searched for a moong dhal savoury snack recipe at Santosh’s blog. She has a huge collection of authentic and fusion recipes in her blog and I was amazed when searching her blog. I stumbled upon this Moong Dhal Dahi Pakodi and when I read the recipe, I decided this will be my recipe for the day. Hubby is at present frustrated at the mere name of sweet. He strictly asked me not to prepare any more sweets at least for a month. Poor guy!! So I made this savoury snack for him yesterday and he was so happy to see his wife cook up some thing which is not a sweet. This is the first time I am preparing pakodi chaat and I think it tastes absolutely delicious. We had a satisfying evening snack. Thank You Santhosh for the lovely recipe.



Ingredients:
For The Moong Dhal Pakodis:
Moong Dhal/ Split Yellow Dhal-1cup
Ginger-2tsp
Green Chilly-3-4
Salt-to taste
Oil- To Deep Fry

For The Chaat:
Curd/ Yogurt-2cups
Black Salt
Cumin Powder
Chaat Masala
Red Chilly Powder
Onion-Finely Chopped
Carrot-Grated
Coriander Leaves-Finely Chopped

Procedure:
For The Pakodis:
  1. Wash and soak moong dhal for 2hours.
  2. Grind it along with green chillies and ginger to a thick paste. Add very little water to grind. I added 2tbs of water. If the batter is thin then the pakodis will become soggy.
  3. Transfer to a bowl and add salt.
  4. Whisk the batter until light in colour and fluffy. The more you whisk, the softer will be the pakodis.
  5. Heat oil in a pan.
  6. Drop teaspoons of batter into the hot oil.
  7. Fry until the pakodis are golden brown.
  8. Transfer the pakodis to a bowl with water. Keep it immersed until serving.

Assembling the Chaat:
  1. Whisk curd with a little salt.
  2. Remove the pakodis from water and squeeze them to get rid of the water.
  3. Arrange the pakodis on a serving plate.
  4. Spoon the curd over the pakodis.
  5. Sprinkle red chilly powder, cumin powder, chaat masala and black salt according to your taste.
  6. Top it with onions, carrot and coriander leaves.
  7. Serve immediately.


Grind moong dhal with green chillies and ginger. Beat it until frothy.



Drop teaspoons of the batter into hot oil.



Fry until golden.



Immerse the pakodis in water until serving.



Arrange the squeezed pakodis on a serving plate.



Pour curd on it and sprinkle all the powders.



Top with onion, carrot and coriander.



Relish!!

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 21

Labels: , , , , ,