Gulab Jamun II

I have already posted a gulab jamun recipe(click on the link for recipe). That recipe uses milk. It was my first post. So when I see it today, I am not at all satisfied with the snap and the post. But the recipe yields very delicious jamuns. I think I need to update it with new photos. Today's jamun recipe uses mawa and paneer. I saw this in a book I bought recently. I tried it and the result was marvelous. I prepared the jamuns with home made mawa(click on link for the recipe). The jamuns were very soft and we enjoyed it thoroughly. I also made a video for this recipe which I am attaching at the end. Please go through the video and give me feed back on how I could improve my videos. This video was taken last month but only now I could post it.




Click For A Printable Recipe Card
Ingredients:
Makes 18 Jamuns:
For The Jamuns:
Mawa- 250gm
Maida/ All Purpose Flour-50gm
Chenna/ Crumbled Paneer-50gm
Cardamom Powder-1/2tsp
Baking Soda-a pinch
Ghee-to Deep Fry

For The Syrup:
Sugar-500gm
Water-500ml
Rose Essence-1/2tsp

Pistachios-For Garnish




Procedure:
1. In a bowl, take mawa, paneer, maida, baking soda and cardamom powder.
2. Mix it well and knead to form a dough.
3. Pinch small portions of the dough and roll it into a smooth ball.
4. I got 18 jamuns for the given quantity.
5. Heat ghee. It should be warm and not hot.
6. Drop the balls carefully into the ghee.
7. Cook on medium to low flame until the balls are dark brown in colour.
8. If the ghee is hot the balls will not hold shape and they will disintegrate.
9. Remove the fried jamuns from ghee and place them on the plate. Finish off with all the balls.
10. In a separate pan, add sugar and water.
11. Heat it and keep on stirring until the sugar melts completely.
12. Bring the syrup to boil and let it boil until the syrup becomes sticky.
13. Remove from flame and add the rose essence.
14. Add the fried jamuns and let the jamuns soak in the syrup until the syrup comes to room temperature.
15. While serving, place the jamuns in a bowl, pour some syrup over it and garnish with sliced pistachios.



Linking this to Show Me Your Dessert at Indian Vegetarian Recipes

Labels: , , , , ,