Carrot Beetroot Chutney Saadam

I usually have a bowl of carrot beetroot chutney in fridge for Sruti. She likes it with her morning dosa. I tried this rice for her lunch box today. As she gets only 20minutes for her lunch break, she doesn't finish her vegetables. So when I met her teacher she asked me to send something simple and easy to eat. So I decided on doing variety rices with vegetables so that she will get the portion of vegetables in her diet. After I started sending variety rice, she is promptly finishing her lunch box. This rice is very easy to prepare if you have chutney ready. You can prepare this rice with any chutney you have. This is also the best way to use up left over chutney.




Ingredients:
Cooked Rice-2cups
Carrot Beetroot Chutney-3tbs
Channa Dhal-1tbs
Mustard -Urad Dhal-1tsp
Asafoetida-a pinch
Turmeric Powder-1/4tsp
Oil-2tbs


Procedure:
1. Heat oil and add channa dhal.
2. Fry until golden.
3. Add the mustard, urad dhal, turmeric powder and asafoetida.
4. When they crackle, add the chutney and saute until it releases oil.
5. Switch off flame, add rice and mix well.
6. Serve it immediately or pack it in lunch box.

Labels: , , , ,