Hi Friends, Hope you have a lovely time going through my recipes. The recipes I post here are tested in my kitchen and only the successful recipes get featured in this blog. If you are trying any of my recipe, please stick to the measurements provided and follow the instructions to get the same result. Any deviation from the original recipe will result in a different output and I will not be responsible for the failure. And please don't use abusive words in comments. As I moderate them, they will never be published in this page. And all the photographs and contents are my property and if you want to use it in any of your websites, please make sure to give proper credit and take my permission before publishing. Thank you!!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Basil Crackers

This month's Daring Bakers' Challenge is Crazy For Crackers. The host Dana McFarlane, a non blogger challenged the daring bakers to bake crackers. I have posted 3 cracker recipes before. I have been trying to get the perfect cracker for a while. Since I love the Britannia cream crackers and it is also my daughter's favourite, I wanted to recreate those crackers at home. This time I nearly succeeded. The taste is very near to the store bought cream crackers. For fun I added dried basil to the dough and the result was amazing basil falvoured crispy crackers. I am very happy with the result. My daughter couldn't stop munching these crispy crunchy crackers.






Recipe Source: King Arthur Flour
Makes 45 crackers:
Ingredients:
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-1 1/2cups
Instant Yeast-2tsp
Baking Powder-1tsp
Sugar-1tsp
Salt-1/2tsp
Water-7tbs
Butter-2tbs
Oil-2tbs
Basil-1tbs

Procedure:
  1. Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and instant yeast in a bowl.
  2. Add water, butter and oil in a saucepan and heat it until butter melts.
  3. Bring down temperature to warm.
  4. Add it to the dry ingredients and mix well.
  5. Knead for 2 minutes. Cover with a damp cloth and set it aside for 3-4hours.
  6. The dough will not rise much.
  7. Preheat oven to 200C.
  8. Divide the dough into two equal portions.
  9. Roll out a portion into a thin square. Trim sides with a pastry cutter.
  10. Cut out squares (2” * 2”) or rectangles ( 2” * 3”) out of the rolled out square.
  11.  Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
  12. Place the squares on the tray with out leaving any gap because while baking the crackers will shrink.
  13.  Prick the crackers with a fork.
  14.  Bake for 15-20minutes. Watch the crackers carefully because they tend to brown fast.
  15.  Remove crackers from oven and place on a wire rack for cooling.
  16. Store in airtight jar.
  17. Serve along with evening tea.



Before baking


After baking


Enjoy!

Linking this to Srivalli's Cookie Mela. and Yeastspotting

15 comments:

  1. Those look really good, I have been wanting to make this for so long..and hey you can send this for cookie mela right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crisp crackers...looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! they look like they just came out of a box! perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like they were from a store. So professionally made

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fantastic1
    I love basil flavors and I love your recipe.
    Pinning this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, those crackers look absolutely perfect! I definitely want to give those a try. Wonderful job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look beautiful! Like little artisan club crackers. I'll have to try them out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting. Your comments are very valuable to me. So please feel free to comment on the post you read.

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...