Recipe Source: Swasthi
Puffed Rice/ Pori-200gm
Roasted Gram Powder-1/4cup (porikadalai podi)
1. Chop onions, tomato, green chilly and coriander leaves.
2. Heat oil and add mustard, urad dhal and hing.
3. When they crackle add onion and green chillies and saute for 2 minutes on medium flame until golden brown.
4. In a large pan add water and puffed rice. Wash it and drain water. Fill water again and drain it again. This is to make the puffed rice soft. Do not soak as it will make the dish mushy.
5. Add tomatoes and saute until they are well cooked and mushy.
6. Add salt, and turmeric powder and give a nice stir.
7. Add the soft puffed rice and give a nice mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
8. Finally add the roasted gram powder and coriander leaves, give a nice stir and serve hot along with green chilly bajjis and curd.