Keppa Pakoda / Ragi Flour Pakoras

Pakoras with ragi flour used to be a regular snack while we were at school. When ever we feel like munching some crispy pakoras, mom used to prepare these. These taste delicious, crispy and slightly soft in the middle   when hot. But I loved it even when they were cool. They used to become very tough when cool and I loved to chew those hard ones too. While thinking of the snack I had to prepare for the Blogging Marathon, I remembered this recipe. The same dough can also be used to prepare ragi rotis also. I prepared these pakoras for yesterdays evening snack and we enjoyed it along with a cup of hot coffee. I am also linking this to Walk Through Memory Lane event started by me and hosted by Pradnya this month.




Ingredients:
Ragi Flour-1cup
Rice Flour-2tbs
Onion-2
Green Chilly-4-5
Salt-to taste
Oil-To Deep Fry
Coriander Leaves-4tbs(finely chopped)


Procedure:
1. In a bowl, add flours, salt, coriander leaves, finely chopped onions, finely chopped green chillies and water to prepare a soft dough.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Pinch gooseberry sized balls, flatten it a little and drop into oil.
4. Fry until the sizzling of oil stops.
5. Drain oil and serve hot with a cup of coffee.
Please check out the other marathoners running this 17th edition of blogging marathon here.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,