Chickpea and Mango Salad

Today the next week of Blogging Marathon is commencing. I am posting under the theme Summer Salads. When you think of summer you can always think about mangoes. So when I thought about salad, I wanted to use mangoes in it. I combined raw mango with chickpeas and cucumber to prepare this nutritious and filling salad. I bought a jar of roasted sunflower seeds from Nilgiris recently. I used it as a topping for this salad and it gave a nice crunch to it. As the mango I used was not tangy, I used a whole lemon in the dressing. If the mango is tangy then reduce the juice accordingly.



Ingredients: 
Chickpea/ Chole-1cup (soaked and pressure cooked)
Raw Mango-1cup (cubed)
Cucumber-1cup (peeled and cubed)
Salt-to taste
Chaat Masala-1/2tsp
Coriander Leaves-1tbs
Roasted Sunflower Seeds-3tbs

For The Dressing:
Lemon-1
Olive Oil-2tbs
Coriander Leaves-1tbs
Green Chilly-2
Sugar-1/2tsp



Procedure:
  1. In a hand blender, add all the ingredients for the dressing to a coarse mixture.
  2. In a large bow, add the cooked chickpeas, cubed mango and peeled and cubed cucumber.
  3. Pour the dressing on top, add salt, chaat masala and coriander leaves.
  4. Transfer to a serving plate.
  5. Top with roasted sunflower seeds and serve immediately.
Please check out the other marathoners running this 17th edition of blogging marathon here. 
Linking this to Kriti's Serve It - Raw

Labels: , , , , ,