Jeera Aloo

This is a spicy side dish using the evergreen vegetable "Potatoes". My daughter is a great fan of this vegetable. She takes potato for her lunch twice every week. But for her I prepare it very mildly adding a small pinch of red chilly powder. As I prepare it twice in a week, I prepare it only for her. Even though I like potatoes, I try to stay away from it as part of my diet. But after seeing this recipe, I wanted to try it. This was only for me because Sruti will never eat such spicy food. K is not a great fan of potatoes. So when I prepared this for the Punjabi thali, I relished. And still got a small bowl of this in fridge for later use. It is full of cumin flavor and the preparation is very easy.  


Ingredients:
Potato-3
Cumin Seeds-1 1/2tsp
Chilly Powder-1 1/2tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/4tsp
Coriander Powder-1tbs
Oil-2tsp
Salt-to taste
Coriander Leaves-2tbs

Procedure:
1. Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
2. When they crackle, add peeled and cubed potatoes along with all the other ingredients except coriander leaves.
3. Saute on low flame for a minute.
4. Sprinkle little water, cover and cook until done.
5. Keep on sprinkling water to avoid burning.
6. When the potatoes are completely cooked, add coriander leaves, give a nice stir and transfer to a serving bowl.
7. Serve hot.

Labels: , ,