Hi Friends, Hope you have a lovely time going through my recipes. The recipes I post here are tested in my kitchen and only the successful recipes get featured in this blog. If you are trying any of my recipe, please stick to the measurements provided and follow the instructions to get the same result. Any deviation from the original recipe will result in a different output and I will not be responsible for the failure. And please don't use abusive words in comments. As I moderate them, they will never be published in this page. And all the photographs and contents are my property and if you want to use it in any of your websites, please make sure to give proper credit and take my permission before publishing. Thank you!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Olive and Herb Focaccia

Today is the second day of Blogging Marathon#15. I already have a recipe for focaccia with oregano and basil. So today I used olives and Italian seasoning for this flavorful bread. Focacccia is an Italian bread which usually is brushed with olive oil. The bread dough is similar to pizza dough and it is shaped by hands. It is also dotted by finger to create wells all over the surface. The bread tasted nice with all those olives and herbs.



Ingredients:
Instant Yeast-1tsp
Flour-225gm
Salt-1/2tsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil-3tbs
Black Olives Chopped-1/4cup
Italian Seasoning-1tsp
Warm Water-2/3cup


Procedure:
1. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, seasoning and yeast.
2. Add water and prepare a soft dough.
3. Add 2tbs olive oil and knead until incorporated.
4. Add the olives and mix well.
5. Knead the dough for 5minutes.
6. Grease a square tin with olive oil.
7. Press the dough into the tin and pat it to flatten the surface.
8. Cover with a cling wrap and keep it aside for 45minutees.
9. Dip the index finger in warm water and make press on the dough to make indents.
10. Brush with the remaining oil.
11. Preheat oven to 230C.
12. Bake he bread until golden. It may take 20-30minutes.
13. Cool on wire rack and serve.





Mix all the dry ingredients.


Add water and prepare the dough. Add oil and chopped olives


Knead for 5 minutes


Press it into a greased tin


Make small indents after doubled and brush with olive oil.


Bake until golden.


Slice and serve.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#15
Linking this to 
Yeastspotting
Vardhini's Bake Fest#6 hosted by Sumee
Pari's Only Snacks And Starters hosted by Raji

34 comments:

  1. Focaccia is such a yummy bread...don't like olives, but this looks so good...except I might sub roasted red peppers for the olives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I love the slices that you have made. They are so clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to have a slice. Looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks good. My husband loves this bread and I make it quite often with different toppings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am in love with this bread and am baking it very often..watch out for me next week...looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foccacia is perfectly baked and sliced. Am planning to bake this bread soon.. :)
    Divya's Culinary Journey

    My first event-Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baked to perfection... Simple recipe too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever since I first tasted this Olive and Herb Focaccia that Racheal made for us for a Blogger meet, I have been in love..wish I had asked you to bake this for me..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and i should try this sometime this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Focaccia looks Awesome!!! Never tried baking them!!!Must be very flavorful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Focaccia has been on my to-bake list for a long time. Yours looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. New recipe to me. I am hearing the name for the first time. Looks and sounds yum Great clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Focaccia luks perfect..wish to grab some.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very new for me....look so awesome


    visit @my blog for my ongoing event in ur free time
    Ongoing Event--Jump'N Jive @ Icypritz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully baked focaccia,one of my fav..

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of my kids fav italian bread. Love the olive and herb combo. Nice one Gayathri, looks absolutely delicious !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks so soft and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome, beautiful texture and very flavorful..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super bread ..so soft and perfectly baked..wonderful flavors...and like the way u have cut those perfect squares.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I once made focaccia with whole wheat flour. Your bread looks fresh and scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. focaccia is my fav bread..love it alltime..should make for me now..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Superb...The bread looks so tempting and flavorful...Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bread looks really very good ...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have never made this bread before. Looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Focaccia looks terrific and loved the clicks.

    Vardhini
    CooksJoy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Gayathri,
    Love the Focaccia and it's always fun to try new versions. Hope you will send it to my event.


    JOIN ME THIS MONTH IN APRIL EVENT- ‘ONLY’ SNACKS & STARTERS + COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY

    FOODELICIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  27. Never had this before. Looks so good. Will look around for it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. yummy...yummy...yummy.....superb...

    ReplyDelete
  29. very nice :) and I liked the cubed version too :) hats off to ur patience of being able to bake everyday :) :)

    Kalyani
    Sizzling Tastebuds
    Event : Pickles & Preserves Fest + Giveaway
    Event : CWS - Oats

    ReplyDelete
  30. they have such a nice bounce.. reminded me of dhokla.. looks awesome!

    Ongoing Event : WTML

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks perfect and tempting, Gayathri...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting. Your comments are very valuable to me. So please feel free to comment on the post you read.

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...