I have already posted a version of semiya kesari. This is another variety with milk. This tasted very rich with the addition of milk. I served it for my guests yesterday. Kesari is a famous sweet in south India. It is usually prepared as offering for God in puja. I am a great fan of kesari and could live on that an entire day. Dh's favourite is this semiya kesai. I don't know why he hates rava kesari. So whenever there is puja, I prepare this kesari. Adding enormous amount of ghee and cashew makes it very rich and fabulous.
Sugar-1/2cup-3/4cup(adjust according to your taste)
1. Add a tsp of ghee in apn and roast the vermicelli until golden.
2. Transfer to a plate and allow it to cool.
3. Heat water and milk together and bring it to boil.
4. Add the vermicelli when water starts boiling. Add cardamom powder and food colour.
5. Cook on medium flame until the water is completely absorbed.
6. Soak saffron in warm milk for 10minutes.
7. Add sugar and saffron to the kesari and mix.
8. Heat ghee and fry the broken cashew until golden.
9. When the sugar melts and the kesari becomes thinner, add ghee and cashew.
10. Give a nice stir and switch off stove.
11. Kesari may seem very thin but when it cools, it comes to the correct consistency.
12. Serve and Enjoy.
Linking this to Anjali's Cakes, Cookies and Desserts.