Today is the final day of tenth edition of Blogging Marathon. I am posting under the theme Deceptively Delicious. I want to try out recipes incorporating beet. Though my daughter loves the poriyal, I want to make her some variety of dishes. Yesterday I tried this ice cream which my daughter loved. The colour was so lovely. We are suffering from unscheduled power cuts which lasts for nearly 5-6hours a day. In this condition it is bad to try preparing ice cream. Even then I prepared it. The ice cream was left to set for the whole night. Today morning I took the snap before shut down. It is very rich and delicious.
1. Peel skin and grate the beetroot.
2. Boil milk and add the grated beet root to it.
3. Let it boil on low flame until the beetroot is completely cooked.
4. Grind this in a mixer grinder to a smooth paste.
5. Pass the paste through a metal sieve to get a smoothe paste. Heat this again
6. Add the condensed milk and stir until it dissolves.
7. Bring it to boil and switch off stove.
8. Add the extract and allow it to cool.
9. When cool, add the fresh cream and beat it with a hand mixer until frothy.
10. Pour the mix into a plastic box and keep it in freezer.
11. After one hour, remove box from freezer and beat the mix with a hand mixer for 2minutes.
12. Place it in freezer. Repeat the above step at one hour intervals for 4 more times.
13. Place the box in freezer and allow it to set for 4hours or overnight.
14. Scoop out portions and serve.
i am sending this to Kid's Delight-Deceptively Delicious hosted by Pavani and started by Srivalli.