Eggless Paneer and Pineapple Cake

I tried out preserving of pineapples at home. It is a very simple process. When I saw the recipe of Paneer Pound Cake at Aparna's blog, I just adapted it and prepared this yummy and delicious cake. This cake is eggless and is very rich because of paneer and pineapple combination. My hubby loved it. He also felt bad that I am spoiling his diet. He couldn't stop eating this cake. I have also given the method of preserving pineapple. I saw many recipes in the net, but I adjusted sugar according to my preparation. Hope you all enjoy this.



Preserving Pineapple:
Pineapple-600gm
Sugar-400gm
Water-200gm




The ratio is 3:2:1(Pineallpe:Sugar:Water). Remove the skin of pineapple and cut them into thick slices. Weigh it after slicing. Boil water and sugar. Stir it until sugar dissolves and the syrup becomes clear. Add the pineapple pieces and cover the pan with a lid. Let it boil on medium flame for 30 minutes or until the pineapple slices are tender. Remove from flame and allow it to cool. Transfer contents to a sterilized jar and close it with a lid. You can refrigerate this for 3months. But I am sure it will not last that long because it is very tasty.


Paneer and Pineapple Cake:
Recipe Source: Adapted from Aparna's  My Diverse Kitchen
Ingredients:
Granulated Sugar-3/4cup
Crumbled Paneer-3/4cup(I used paneer prepared out of 1 lt milk)
Butter-60gm
Maida-3/4cup
Baking Powder-1 1/2tsp
Baking Soda-1/2tsp
Salt-a pinch
Preserved Pineapple-2/3cup(cut into small pieces)
Pineapple Syrup-2tbs
Pineapple essence-1/2tsp
Milk-1/2cup
Vinegar-1/2tsp


Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grind paneer to a fine paste in the mixer grinder.
3. Sieve maida, salt, baking powder and baking soda together.
4. Beat butter with a hand mixer until creamy. Add paneerand beat till creamy.
5. Add sugar and beat till fluffy.
6. Add milk, vinegar and essence and mix well.
7. With a spoon fold in maida and mix. Do not over beat. Add the pineapple pieces with syrup and mix well.
8. Grease an 8" cake tin and dust it with flour.
9. Pour the prepared mixture into the tin and bake for 30minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
10. Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
11. Invert the tin on a wire rack and remove it carefully.
12. Once completely cool, slice the cake and serve along with tea or coffee. 



Labels: , , , ,