Peas Parotta

When I saw these peas parottas at Bong Mom's Cook Book, I wanted to prepare it on the same day. I had a cup of green peas in the freezer and so I prepared it and gave a surprise to my hubby who came home late. We had it along with mushroom masala and it was so nice. This is lying in my draft folder for a week. As I had some interesting baked dishes for posting, I forgot to post this. Today, I remembered it. Enjoy these lovely parottas...



Ingredients:


For the dough:
Flour-1cup
Soda-bi-carb-1/2tsp
Curd-2tbs
Milk-to prepare the dough
Salt-to taste


For the peas stuffing:
Peas-1cup
Cumin seeds-1/2tsp
Ginger-a very small piece
Garlic-1pod
Salt-to taste
Green chilly-2
Oil-1tsp


Procedure:


1. Grind the peas along with ginger, garlic and green chillies.
2. Heat oil and add cumin seeds. When splutters add the peas paste. Stir it continuous to avoid sticking of the paste to the vessel.
3. Saute till raw smell vanishes and the mixture becomes dry.
4. Add salt and give it a nice stir.
5. Switch off flame and allow it to cool.
6. Mix flour, soda-bi-carb, salt. Add curd and mix well.
7. Add milk and prepare a soft dough. Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
8. Make small balls out of this dough. Prepare small balls out of the peas mixture.
9. Roll the dough into a small circle. Keep the stuffing in the centre and bring dough together and pinch to close seam.
10. Roll it carefully into a roti by dusting flour.
11. Heat tawa and cook the parotta on both the sides.
12. Apply oil on both the sides and serve hot with a masala of your choice.


The original recipe can be seen here

Labels: , ,