Oats Cookies (eggless)


This is the second time I am trying these cookies. The very first time I tried it, it was a flop. These cookies use jaggery. When melting jaggery I over boiled the syrup and the cookies came out real hard. You really need a hammer to break those. My hubby teased me saying that his teeth will break under such pressure. I felt very sad. At first I couldn't figure out what went wrong. After so much thinking I remembered the boiling of syrup. So I just wanted to give it a second try. This time I used palm sugar instead of jaggery. I didn't let the syrup boil. Cookies came out crisp. When I gave a cookie to my daughter, she thought it was from the first try and didn't take it from me. Then I had to convince her that these cookies are so nice and she took one from me. When she had her first bite she knew that these are good cookies and she took two more from me. Even today she asked for these for her snacks box. So at last I got my daughter's appreciation and I am very happy. And another point is, I didn't waste those hard cookies. Tomorrow I will be posting the recipe with which I turned those hard cookies to soft cheese cake.Sending this to Cookies Event by Sameena. Let's get back to the recipe.



Ingredients:
Flour-175gm
Malt Drink Powder-25gm( I used Boost)
Oats-50gm
Cut fruits-50gm
Butter-75gm
Jaggery / Palm Sugar-100gm
Golden Syrup-2tbs
Baking Powder-1tsp


Procedure:
1. Sift flour and baking powder.
2. Add oats,cut fruits, boost and mix well.
3. In a pan add butter, golden syrup and jaggery and heat it till the jaggery dissolves. Never allow this to boil.
4. Add this to the flour and mix with a wooden spoon to prepare the dough.
5. Make small balls and arrange them on a greased baking tray.
6. With a fork press the balls to flatten them.
7. Preheat oven to 200C. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
9. Remove the cookies from the tray and arrange them on a wire rack to cool.
10. Store in airtight container. Enjoy with tea or coffee.

Labels: , , , , , ,