Rava Kesari

Hai everybody!  I have reached my 50th post. Thank you for encouraging me by visiting. For the 50th post I wanted to post the recipe of a simple yet delicious sweet "Rava Kesari". Today is the second day of Navarathri.I am sending this to Food Palette Series- ORANGE hosted by Akheela of Torview
r


The Recipe:
Ingredients:

Sooji-1cup
Sugar-1cup
Water-3cups
Cardamom powder-1/2tsp
Cashew-20
Ghee-1/4cup
Raisins-5
Food color-1/4tsp

Procedure:

1. Roast sooji till golden brown.
2. Boil water and add sooji. While adding sooji stir well otherwise lumps will be formed.
3. Cook till done.
4. Add sugar, food color and cardamom powder and mix well.
5. When it starts boiling switch off flame. The consistency will be runny but when it cools it would be perfect for kesari.
6. Heat ghee and roast cashew and raisins till golden brown.
7. Add it to cooked sooji. Mix well and serve cool.

Labels: ,